Saturday 3 May 2014

Lost....

                  The concept of a soulmate used to bug me till I met her. I thought that the concept was very vague and cheesy and that it could happen only in movies but the something out there wanted to prove me wrong and there she was. She was something out of this world and I had fallen for her big time. I knew that cause every time she was around I felt nervous and my heart would start pounding. It took me some time before I got talking to her and found out what an amazing person she was.
                  I kept quite around her as I was more of the shy kind, and kept to myself the things that I felt. Slowly we started talking and the more I got to know her the more I fell for her. As the time went by, my feelings got stronger but being the shy person that I was I kept quite. I wondered what my life would be if I told her how I felt, but then again I feared the consequences of telling her about my feelings. So I kept the feelings in me and confided in nobody.
                 One day while talking to her, this topic came up and I told her how I felt. At that time a million thoughts rushed into my head. They were scenarios of what would happen, what her answer would be, how would she react. Most of the scenarios were negative, only a fraction of those scenarios were the once which said that she would say yes. She gave me an unexpected answer. She said ok. She thought that I was cute and that she liked me as a friend. 
                  I think that it was the most embarrassing moment of my life so far. So the time came when we had to pick a college and we went to different places, we still kept contact which each other and one day she said it too. Maybe she was thinking about the thing I said, I did not know, but I guess that was one of the best things that has ever happened to me in my life. We tried to do a long distance thing but it faded away soon. We realised that it wasn't working and so we decided that we would forget about it and move on. The funny part about it was that we still talked to each other for hours at a stretch and never got bored. 
                   I was bored today and wanted to talk to someone. I wanted to call her for some time now and I thought that now would be the best time to do so. So I called her only to know that she wanted to call and talk to me too. I was nostalgic when I heard her voice after a long time and all the memories of talking to her came back rushing to me, although she never accepted the fact that she missed me too but for some reason I knew that she did. Listening to her talk made me happy and I wonder about the concept of soulmate and if I had lost mine...

1 comment:

  1. These feelings and situations make one's life more happening....

    ReplyDelete