Sunday 13 July 2014

That Awkward Moment

    I don't think that it happens with everyone but then I don't believe that. Our lives are filled with awkward moments that we love to avoid and love to watch if someone we know is stuck in one. There are many many kinds of awkward moments that every one has faced once in his lifetime. For example , meeting a relative for the first time and answering all the uncomfortable questions and then the awkward pause. The silence. The moment when you accidentally bump into someone you knew after a long time and don't remember the name. The silence which ensues is awkward. (That happens with me all the time.)
   But regardless of that, because of the various social sites, you are connected to your old friends and that is good. But when people start chatting with an old friend, about whom you know nothing that has happened in the past years get highly awkward. Today I encountered such a problem and had to resort to : "so... what new? "  and if the person had not gone offline then, I would have ended up using that phrase at least a dozen more times.
  And believe me, this happens 80% when you are talking to the opposite sex because you don't know how they would react. Or maybe its just me. The worst thing is when the message has been seen by the person and you don't get a reply. Maybe I am just being a little too dramatic. Yes maybe I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment